Sunday, 25 November 2012

Gingeybread men and ladies.

Ingredients:
- 350g/12oz plain flour, plus extra for rolling out
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g/4½oz butter
- 175g/6oz light soft brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 4 tbsp golden syrup

Although I didn't follow these exactly this is the basis that I used. As I never follow a recipe exactly. According to my mam, my nana used to say proper bakers/cooks don't follow recipes to the exact word so there we go that's where I get that from. :)

Method:
Mix all the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, cinnamon and butter together and beat until it looks like breadcrumbs. I used handheld mixer as its easier.

Then pour the egg and golden syrup mixture in until it starts clumping together then sprinkle flour on to the bench/work top and empty the mix out and knead it together. :)

Then wrap in clingfilm and allow it to chill for 10 - 15 minutes.

While the dough is chilling preheat the oven to 180'C.

Also line two trays with grease proof paper for the gingerbread men and ladies to go on once cut.

After the dough has been chilled, put sprinkle flour on to the bench then unwrap the dough and roll out to about 2cm thick and either use a cutting shape (if you have one) or create your own gingerbread shapes using a knife.

Place them on to the trays then whack in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes and voila the gingeybread gentlemen and ladies and finished. :)

3 comments:

  1. I made gingerbread a couple of weeks ago, reading this made me realise why mine were like crisps...they can't have been more than 0.2cm thick no where near 2cm!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made gingerbread men last Christmas!! You just reminded me about them, might have to make some :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'm totally going to try this out!

    www.carpe-diem13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete