Monday, 18 July 2011

Day 04 - Your favourite book

Rather than state my favourite books, as I have many favourite books, as my room is choka with books. I'm going to list the books I bought for me to read over the summer in my spare time. Which I have alot of now that my man has a 9-5ish job mon - fri. :( I'm happy for him, but I work weekends so only going to see him on a Saturday nights til we go back to college now. (yeah, I know I sound pathetic, we've been together nearly 3 years).

Books for Summer:
13 Little Blue Envelopes - Maureen Johnson

The Bell Jar - Slyvia Plath

Say Your One of Them - Uwen Akpan

Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro

Lord of the Flies - William Golding

If This is a Man - Primo Levi

How I Live Now - Meg Rosoff

and finally,

Catch-22 - Joseph Heller.

They'd all be recommended to me by various people, so I thought I would try them as I wanted new things to read, as I've pretty much exhausted my current books, they need a clear out too, as some of them I have had since I was little, as I have already read :D.

I'm just quickly doing this post before I head off too work, I'll probably do another something when I come back :)

3 comments:

  1. Lord of the Flies is one of my favourite books of all time! Really like The Bell Jar too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bell Jar is fantastic, great choice for a summer read, not too heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading The Bell Jar now, I'm really enjoying it so far (:

    ReplyDelete